Wednesday, August 28, 2024

BeetleJuice 2 (2024) - Where is the Stop Motion?


So, BeetleJuice 2 boasts much 'Practical' ('real', not Cgi) special effects. In general with today's big box office movies, they will always use Cgi. My observation with BJ2, although the practical effects which includes, prosthetics, animatronics, rod puppetry, etc which of course, they are present in the film ... however .... in the film crew credits for BJ2, there is Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada attribution to traditional Stop Motion Animation. Therefore at this time, I can only conclude that there was NO Stop Motion in BeetleJuice 2. In a few of the teasers, you briefly see the Sandworm creature. I am fairly certain that appeared to be CGI.

Here is my evidence Click > BeetleJuice 2 (2024) CREW LIST / IMD  Do you see any screen credits for Stop Motion Animation? I have not yet seen BJ2. IF there was Stop Motion, why was there no screen credit?

I then see this contradictory information which was part of the early media hype for BeetleJuice 2 Click > BeetleJuice 2 to feature Stop Motion

It just grinds my gears 😠 ... a major motion picture that devotes their huge budget for A list actors, all the set builders, practical effects, post production, CGI crew, etc. etc ... but they excluded  & dismissed Stop Motion special effects as used in the original BeetleJuice. Why? You would think the production would pay homage or tribute by using Stop Motion ... but NO

"Ladies & Gentlemen of the Jury, I rest my CASE!" 😎

UPDATE, SEPTEMBER 9, 2024:  I just received confirmation from (click >) Jim Randall that Stop Motion was included in BeetleJuice 2. I posted on Instagram, then Jim notified me that the UK company Mackinnon & Saunders were responsible for the Sandworm sequence done using classic STOP MOTION!!
👍😎
  

Take a look here at this link ...

Mackinnon & Saunders - Sandworm

Okay, that was my short tirade. Moving on  ... perhaps you might enjoy re-visiting some of the original BeetleJuice (1988) scenes. We have the iconic Sandworm creature which was actual stop motion animation and some other scenes which I will post videos below ... ALL Stop Motion.

 Sandworm


 Deleted Hanging & Sandworm scenes


 BeetleJuice as Snake creature



Adam & Barbara, head transformation


Testing head transformation from unfinished documentary


Delia Deetz Sculptures come Alive - The Wedding Scene


Click > Artist Tom Spina, restores Stop Motion puppets 'Delia Deetz Sculptures'

Click > Behind the Scenes Photos, Original BeetleJuice


BeetleJuice 2 is  premiering in theaters, September 6, 2024
in the USA & UK --  I do not know the schedule for
other countries, so you need to research that


STOP MOTION WORKS 'Seal' - REAL Hand-Made Certified™ (🚫 A.I.)

 ________________________________________


SUBSCRIBE (Free!) and comments welcomed 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment

Select 'Anonymous' or ''Name' ... you do NOT need to enter a URL website. Just your name, alias name, or nickname is OKAY