Sunday, July 16, 2023

Ray's 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad' Making Of Memories

 
Even though Ray Harryhausen has done many interviews, I was not previously aware of this one and perhaps others, may also have not seen it. Comparing to other interviews of past, I am estimating that this might have been recorded about 2007 when Ray was only 87 years young!
 
Foreground miniature, puppets, and rear screen projection

It was produced by Rosas Production, and Ray's long time friend & associate, Arnold Kunert (RIP 2018) was the co-producer. It is my understanding that this interview was possibly included in some of the Dvd / Bluray released versions of 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad'. This presentation is about 24 minutes long. If you do not have time, you can always watch later.



I won't give away any spoilers ... Ray is just reminiscing about the making of 7th Voyage. You do not see or hear the interviewer ... it is well edited to make it appear that Ray is storytelling without any interruptions. I am surprised that he was able to ramble that much😉. As I was watching, I said to myself, "RAY ... please pause and take a drink of water to soothe your dry throat!"

He does reveal some interesting details about 'the making of' 7th Voyage that I did not know about. See ... if you can recognize them (the reveals).

________________________________________

For the hardcore technically minded Stop Motion Fans, here is a bonus surprise for you ....

BONUS 1  Before you click ... please be seated, relax, & breathe deeply                                  
 
BONUS 2  This one, I think 'they' somewhat made a mistake. Can you find it? 
 
 
Visit >>> UNCLE RAY
 
 ________________________________________


SUBSCRIBE (Free!) and comments welcomed 😎
Click >> STOP MOTION WORKS & RETRO FX




No comments:

Post a Comment

Select 'Anonymous' or ''Name' ... you do NOT need to enter a URL website. Just your name, alias name, or nickname is OKAY